Whether you’re a seasoned orchid hobbyist or a newbie, the best orchid fertilizer is a must-have to achieve a gorgeous and healthy orchid collection. Packed with essential nutrients, orchid fertilizers are sure to help these multi-colored plants live up to their desirable potentials.
Since these beautiful plants are divided into multiple varieties with different care and maintenance requirements, it can be rather tricky to find the best-suited fertilizer to keep your orchids thriving all year round.
Before you stress out over tons of orchid food options available, let me roll the stress off your shoulders with these helpful guidelines through the highest-quality fertilizers out there. With the right fertilizer at your disposal, achieving a green thumb should only be a breeze.
- What’s In The Best Orchid Fertilizer?
- Types Of The Best Orchid Fertilizer
- The Best Brands Of Orchid Fertilizers
- The Best Orchid Fertilizers In 2022 Comparison Table
- What Are The Best Orchid Fertilizer To Buy?
- Top 15 Best Orchid Fertilizers Detailed Reviews 2022
- 1. Miracle-Gro Water Soluble Orchid Fertilizer
- 2. Schultz SPF70600 Water Soluble Orchid Fertilizer
- 3. EarthPods Premium Organic Orchid Fertilizer
- 4. Espoma Company ORPF8 Organic Orchid Fertilizer
- 5. Miracle-Gro Ready-To-Use Orchid Fertilizer
- 6. rePotme Feed ME! Granular Orchid Fertilizer
- 7. Grow More Premium 20-20-20 Orchid Fertilizer
- 8. Aquatic Arts 8-Ounce Liquid Orchid Fertilizer
- 9. Perfect Plants Slow-Release Orchid Fertilizer
- 10. GS Plant Foods The World’s Greatest Orchid Fertilizer
- 11. Sun Bulb 8303 Better Gro Orchid Fertilizer
- 12. Grow More 5119 30-10-10 Orchid Fertilizer
- 13. Bonide 10-10-10 Liquid Orchid Fertilizer
- 14. MOSKILA E-Z-GRO -10-20 Liquid Orchid Fertilizer
- 15. SMEREKA Active Starter Liquid Orchid Fertilizer
- Buying Guides for Choosing the Best Orchid Fertilizer
- Frequently Asked Questions
- My Top Pick
What’s In The Best Orchid Fertilizer?
As its name suggests, orchid fertilizers are specifically made for orchid varieties, which are often made up of three vital macronutrients that play fundamental roles in overall growth and blooms: nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P), and potassium (K).
This N-P-K ratio is oftentimes found on the fertilizer package, representing the percentage by weight of each element contained in the plant food. For instance, a 20-20-20 fertilizer carries a perfectly balanced blend of N-P-K, with each element adds up to 20% of the whole blend.
- Top 15 Best Fertilizer for Fig Trees Reviews 2022
- Top 15 Best Lawn Fertilizer Brands To Buy 2022
- Top 15 Best Organic Lawn Fertilizer Reviews 2022
- Top 15 Best Fertilizers for Vegetable Garden Reviews 2022
- Top 15 Best Fertilizers For Tomatoes and Peppers Reviews 2022
- Top 15 Best Fertilizer For Grass In Fall Reviews 2022
- Top 15 Best Fertilizers for Green Grass to Buy 2022
- Top 15 Best Fertilizer for Fruit Trees Reviews 2022
Simply put, nitrogen promotes healthy foliage and stem developments, while phosphorus is responsible for sturdy root systems and productive flowering periods. Lastly, potassium acts as a line of defense against stresses and diseases to protect the plant’s overall health.
Asides from these three essential nutrients, fertilizers for orchids also contain other micronutrients, beneficial microbes, and even water, depending on each specific variety.
Types Of The Best Orchid Fertilizer
The best orchid fertilizers come in several main types based on their formulas, each of which carries its set of pros and cons towards the plants and orchid owners.
Powdered fertilizer has a high level of concentration, which calls for proper dissolution before it can be applied to the plants. Plus, it’s rather hard for the powder to undergo any significant degradation if stored correctly, making it the ultimate choice for long-term fertilization.
Granules & Pellets
Like the previous counterpart, granules and pellets have to mix up with water before each use. Pellets generally come in larger sizes compared to nutritional granules. Both of which are often formulated to slowly release nutrients to prevent burns and reduce application frequency.
Liquid fertilizers either come as ready-to-use mist or concentrated liquid that requires proper dilution prior to applications. This type of orchid food usually delivers a quick boost of nutrients that allows for easy absorbance from the roots, thusly achieves visible results in no time.
Fertilizer capsules are designed for ease of use. These capsules are meant to put directly into the soil or potting mix close to the root systems. With no measurement or mixing required, this variety is dedicated to orchid owners who have little time to spare for orchid maintenance.
The Best Brands Of Orchid Fertilizers
Before making the final decision, it’s always advisable that you get to know some of the best orchid fertilizer brands out there to grant you peace of mind in terms of quality.
With a wide range of products made for convenient gardening and landscaping, Miracle-Gro comes as an industry-leading brand. Their orchid fertilizers are user-friendly, highly efficient, and entirely safe when used according to the instructions.
Founded in 1929, Espoma is one of the oldest fertilizer brands in the U.S in the field of organic fertilizer. Espoma’s orchid fertilizer is a great organic choice that nourishes healthy orchids and improves the soil condition simultaneously, thereby ensures a sustainable growth.
Schultz’s orchid fertilizers are created with a perfect combination of nutrients to ascertain success. With a vast array of specially-engineered plant foods, Schultz’s fertilizers are the ultimate choices for low-budget orchid owners without any compromise for excellent quality.
The Best Orchid Fertilizers In 2022 Comparison Table
The following table showcases the most important factors when it comes to choosing the best orchid fertilizers for your houseplant collection.
|Best Orchid Fertilizers||Dimensions||Net Weight||Type||N-P-K Ratio|
|Miracle-Gro Water Soluble Orchid Fertilizer - Best Overall||2.5 x 2.5 x 4.3 inches||8 ounces||Powder||30-10-10|
|Schultz SPF70600 Water Soluble Orchid Fertilizer - Best Budget||2.5 x 3 x 4.5 inches||10 ounces||Granules||20-20-15|
|EarthPods Premium Organic Orchid Fertilizer - Best Capsules||2.56 x 2.56 x 2.75 inches||2.6 ounces||Capsules||1.3-1.2-1.1|
|Espoma Company ORPF8 Organic Orchid Fertilizer - Best Liquid||2.75 x 1.87 x 7.25 inches||8 ounces||Liquid||1-3-1|
|Miracle-Gro Ready-To-Use Orchid Fertilizer - Best Spray||1.92 x 2.85 x 8.6 inches||8 ounces||Liquid||0.02-0.02-0.02|
|rePotme Feed ME! Granular Orchid Fertilizer - Best Granular||N/A||2.5 pounds||Granules||13-3-5|
|Grow More Premium 20-20-20 Orchid Fertilizer - Best for Vanilla Orchids||6.5 x 5.4 x 4.3 inches||3 pounds||Powder||20-20-20|
|Aquatic Arts 8-Ounce Liquid Orchid Fertilizer - Best Natural||6 x 2 x 1 inches||8 ounces||Liquid||30-10-10|
|Perfect Plants Slow-Release Orchid Fertilizer - Best for Phalaenopsis||5 x 3 x 0.25 inches||5 ounces||Pellets||13-11-11|
|GS Plant Foods The World's Greatest Orchid Fertilizer - Best Organic||4 x 4 x 8 inches||32 ounces||Liquid||1.19-1.06-0.39|
|Sun Bulb 8303 Better Gro Orchid Fertilizer - Best for Bloom||7.6 x 4.9 x 1.5 inches||16 ounces||Granules||20-14-13|
|Grow More 5119 30-10-10 Orchid Fertilizer - Best for Cymbidiums||6 x 6 x 4 inches||15 ounces||Powder||30-10-10|
|Bonide 10-10-10 Liquid Orchid Fertilizer - Best for Orchid Cactus||3.25 x 1.5 x 6 inches||10.5 ounces||Liquid||10-10-10|
|MOSKILA E-Z-GRO -10-20 Liquid Orchid Fertilizer||1.5 x 4 x 7 inches||16 ounces||Liquid||20-10-20|
|SMEREKA Active Starter Liquid Orchid Fertilizer - Best for Orchid Seeding||6.61 x 2.99 x 2.52 inches||13 ounces||Liquid||8-5-6|
What Are The Best Orchid Fertilizer To Buy?
In short, the best orchid fertilizers belong to Miracle-Gro and Espoma, thanks to their high-quality blend of essential nutrients for overall orchid developments. In addition, Schultz’s orchid fertilizer also makes a great choice in terms of affordability and beneficial nourishment.
Before getting into each of the best orchid fertilizer, you should take a quick look through the list below to quickly discover the best option for your plant’s needs and conditions.
- Best Overall – Miracle-Gro Water Soluble Orchid Fertilizer
“Encourages beautiful and healthy growth in your orchids, and applicable to both indoor and outdoor plants.”
- Best Budget – Schultz SPF70600 Water Soluble Orchid Fertilizer
“Provides a perfectly balanced blend of macronutrients, requires only one application every two weeks.”
- Best Capsules – EarthPods Premium Organic Orchid Fertilizer
“Contains 100 nutritional capsules, good for all types of orchid, no mixing or measurement needed.”
- Best Liquid – Espoma Company ORPF8 Organic Orchid Fertilizer
“Formulated with organic matters, perfect for growth and blooming periods, easily absorbed by root systems.”
- Best Spray – Miracle-Gro Ready-To-Use Orchid Fertilizer
“Keeps your orchid healthy and vigorous, comes in liquid form to ensure even distribution for the plants.”
- Best Granular – rePotme Feed ME! Granular Orchid Fertilizer
“Gradually releases nutrients for sustainable growth, entirely free of urea and unpleasant odors.”
- Best for Vanilla Orchids – Grow More Premium 20-20-20 Orchid Fertilizer
“Derived from multiple sources of nitrogen, rapidly promotes long-blooming and beautiful Vanilla orchids.”
- Best for Phalaenopsis – Perfect Plants Slow-Release Orchid Fertilizer
“Made of natural ingredients to ensure sustainable soil enrichment, features a well-blended N-P-K ratio.”
- Best Organic – GS Plant Foods The World’s Greatest Orchid Fertilizer
“Remains safe and gentle for use, yields up to 32 gallons of finished product per bottle, and easy to use.”
- Best for Blooms – Sun Bulb 8303 Better Gro Orchid Fertilizer
“Contains a high level of fast-acting nitrogen, encourages a longer flowering period with weekly usage.”
- Best for Cymbidiums – Grow More 5119 30-10-10 Orchid Fertilizer
“Enhances the growth of your orchids from the leave to roots, serves as an all-rounder for many houseplants.”
- Best for Orchid Cactus – Bonide 10-10-10 Liquid Orchid Fertilizer
“Available in form of liquid that dissolves rapidly, achieves a vigorous growth and lacy blooms.”
- Best for Orchid Seeding – SMEREKA Active Starter Liquid Orchid Fertilizer
“Formulated with urea-free content, great for growing orchids from the seeds, fits flexible applications.”
Top 15 Best Orchid Fertilizers Detailed Reviews 2022
Without further ado, let’s get the scoop on the best orchid fertilizers in the market and put their characteristics to the test to find out the best-suited option for your beautiful collection.
1. Miracle-Gro Water Soluble Orchid Fertilizer
If you’re looking for a high-quality fertilizer to achieve a green thumb in your beloved orchid collection, look no further than this water-soluble orchid food from Miracle-Gro. With a high level of macronutrients, this fertilizer will encourage vigorous growth and beautiful blooms.
For optimal convenience, this plant food comes in the set with a measuring spoon and helpful instructions that a first-time orchid owner can effortlessly use. Once dissolved in water, it delivers an instant boost of nutrition that triggers spectacular reblooms in next to no time.
In addition to orchid varieties, this powdered fertilizer also suits a wide range of acid-long plants in your little home garden. To deliver the best results, Micro-Gro suggests implementing every two weeks in active growth periods and four weeks in dormant or resting periods.
- Applicable to indoor and outdoor plants
- Encourages beautiful and vigorous thriving
- Features a high nitrogen level to promote leave growths
- Designed to be used every two or four weeks
- Provided with a spoon for easy measurements
- Works like a charm on all acid-loving plants
- Mixes well with water to deliver efficient feedings
- Easy to use with clear instructions for first-time growers
- Triggers re-blooming after a short period of time
- This fertilizer is housed in a cardboard box that’s likely to be brittle after getting wet
|Dimensions||2.5 x 2.5 x 4.3 inches|
|Net weight||8 ounces|
|Frequency of use||Every 2 weeks (active growth periods), every 4 weeks (rest periods)|
|Plant type||Orchids and all acid-loving plants|
In this combination of two Mirco-Gro blends, let’s see why the Miracle-Gro Water Soluble Orchid Fertilizer is a great choice for your orchids.
2. Schultz SPF70600 Water Soluble Orchid Fertilizer
When it comes to nourishing an attention-grabbing pot of orchids without breaking the bank, this Schultz water-soluble orchid fertilizer is sure to be the ultimate choice. When used properly, it will provide a virtually perfect balance of macro elements to boost the plant’s overall growth.
These nutritional granules are formed with high concentration, allowing them to mix well with water for easy absorbance from the roots. With only one application every two weeks, it ensures rich, luscious green leaves and beautiful flowers that are pleasant to behold.
Finally, thanks to the powdered formula, this Schultz fertilizer remains its potency in long-term storage. It’s easy, time-saving, and super-efficient for virtually all types of orchids in your collection, so you can rest assured of healthy and gorgeous orchid pots around your house.
- Contains an N-P-K ratio of 20-20-15
- Extra-concentrated for long-term fertilization
- Requires only one application per two weeks
- Loaded with micronutrients for orchid’s health
- Helps raise a thriving orchid collection
- Allows for easy applications
- Comes in a granule-based formula that dissolves quickly
- Features a user-friendly bottle design
- Delivers fast-acting results for luscious blooming
- This fertilizer is initially very concentrated and will damage your orchids if not diluted correctly
|Dimensions||2.5 x 3 x 4.5 inches|
|Net weight||10 ounces|
|Frequency of use||Every 2 weeks|
For orchid lovers who want to do away with the inconvenience of measuring and diluting every time, these EarhPod fertilizer capsules are undoubtedly game-changers. Each jar includes 100 capsules that can be simply put into the soil prior to watering with no pre-work needed.
What makes this fertilizer unique is that it’s crafted from a proprietary blend of organic elements, thusly feeds the orchids and soil simultaneously for sustainable development. Plus, its organic matter is super gentle towards your plant, posing no risks of foliage and root burns.
Finally, this jar’s perfect for orchid owners who can’t spare much time for orchid care since a single capsule lasts for as much as 2-3 weeks. Whether you have orchids or other terrestrial and epiphytic plants in your house, this fertilizer will make sure they thrive in excellent conditions.
- Includes 100 concentrated capsules
- Great for orchids with other terrestrial and epiphytic plants
- Formulated with a proprietary blend of nutrients
- Each capsule continually nourishes orchids for 2-3 weeks
- Boosts foliage, root developments, and eye-catching blooms
- No mixing or measuring prior to use required
- Poses no risks to your plant collection with organic natures
- Ensures environmental sustainability
- Offers excellent storage ability in the long run
- These capsules slowly break down into the soil, so you’ll have to wait a while before results are visible
|Dimensions||2.56 x 2.56 x 2.75 inches|
|Net weight||2.6 ounces|
|Frequency of use||Every 2-3 weeks|
|Plant type||Terrestrial & epiphytic plants|
4. Espoma Company ORPF8 Organic Orchid Fertilizer
This Espoma Company organic orchid fertilizer is the perfect solution for a vast array of orchid and bromeliad varieties, all of which brings your home a sense of the sun-kissed tropics. Plus, formulated from organic matter, this fertilizer will give your plants a dose of nature.
The indoor plant food is made of natural ingredients like bone meal, poultry manure, and other beneficial microbes to promote vigorous and sturdy growth. Plus, the liquid manner delivers an instant boost of nutrients to the orchids during growth and blooming seasons.
Finally, unlike synthetic counterparts, this Espoma fertilizer also improves the soil structure through the addition of nutrients over time. The liquid comes in a compact and user-friendly 8-ounce bottle, which is designed to release a perfect dosage like a breeze every time.
- Made up of vital nutrients and beneficial microbes
- Formulated with organic materials
- Available in a fast-acting liquid form
- Continually nourishes your orchids for 2-4 weeks
- Great for feeding all types of orchids and bromeliads
- Acts as a source of nutrition for optimal performance
- Simultaneously feeds the soil or potting mix for long-term use
- Boasts a compact and user-friendly size
- Comes with great directions for carrying out simple dosages
- The organic matters in this fertilizer tend to build up gases inside, leading to minor explosions if not opened correctly
|Dimensions||2.75 x 1.87 x 7.25 inches|
|Net weight||8 ounces|
|Frequency of use||Every 2-4 weeks|
|Plant type||Orchids and bromeliads|
5. Miracle-Gro Ready-To-Use Orchid Fertilizer
The ready-to-use orchid fertilizer spray from Miracle-Gro is a top-notch choice when it comes to increasing both nutrient and moisture intake for your houseplants. With this easy-to-use orchid spray at your disposal, keeping your orchids beautiful and healthy is only a snap.
This fertilizer requires a simple once-a-week application schedule to achieve luscious green leaves, strong root and stem systems, and long-lasting blooming periods. Therefore, this 8-ounce sprayer is likely to last a long time before a second bottle is needed.
Lastly, adding to the convenience, this mist gives off no unpleasant chemical scents during applications. It arrives in a user-friendly bottle that facilitates effortless spraying or diluting in the water, thusly lets you have a great time caring for your beloved orchids.
- A single implementation remains effective for a week
- Sold in liquid form to ensure even distribution
- Features an 8-ounce volume that lasts an extended period
- Designed to be easy to hold and spray
- Facilitates easy applications from the leaves to the roots
- Instantly provides moisture and nutrients to the plants
- Achieves healthy and luscious performance in a short term
- Releases no chemical scents or messy residues
- Well-suited for virtually all kinds of orchids
- This orchid spray’s N-P-K ratio is significantly lower than other counterparts
- Over-fertilizing can cause the orchids to burn or keel over
|Dimensions||1.92 x 2.85 x 8.6 inches|
|Net weight||8 ounces|
|Frequency of use||Once per week|
If you want more information about the Miracle-Gro Ready-To-Use Orchid Fertilizer, here’s a must-watch video!
6. rePotme Feed ME! Granular Orchid Fertilizer
This famous MSU formulated orchid fertilizer from rePotme is packed with nutrient-rich and urea-free granules that can revive all tired orchids and achieve excellent performances. Also, thanks to its flexible water requirements, this orchid food comes in handy for any orchid lover.
The granule-based fertilizer has an ideal blend of micro and macronutrients to support the plant’s overall development from the leaves to the roots. Once applied, it’ll penetrate the soil and enable easy absorbance from the orchids before showing visible results in a few weeks.
Finally, apart from orchid types, this fertilizer also makes a great source of nutrition to other attention-grabbing prized plants. It’s completely free of urea and unpleasant odors, so you can rest assured of a convenient fertilization process and a healthy, vigorous orchid collection.
In addition to this granule jar of 2.5-pound volume, you also access to two other variations to fit the size and number of orchid pots in the house. There’re a 1.25-Pound and an 8-Ounce jar, which respectively make 160 gallons and 64 ounces of finished liquid food.
- Packed with valuable micro and macronutrients
- Carries out productive results when used with water low in alkalinity
- Arrives with helpful instructions for correct applications
- Offers 2.5-pound volume of granules
- Easily dilutes in the water
- Stimulates luscious growth in orchids and prized plants
- Gradually releases nutrient blend into the soil
- Requires one implement per week for the highest efficiency
- Entirely free of urea and unpleasant odors
- You’ll have to make some calculations to get the correct concentration of using the granules each time
|Net weight||2.5 pounds|
|Frequency of use||Every week|
|Plant type||Orchids, succulents, and other prized plants|
Check out this video right here to get an in-depth look at the rePotme Feed ME! Granular Orchid Fertilizer!
(Best for Vanilla Orchids)
If you’re an exquisite Vanilla orchid hobbyist, you won’t want to miss this Grow More Premium orchid fertilizer in your storage area. By carrying a perfectly balanced N-P-K blend of 20-20-20, this jar is the ultimate choice for growing robust and healthy Vanilla orchid pots.
With a high level of nitrogen from multiple sources, this fertilizer will rapidly boost stems and foliage system to deliver that luscious shade of green. What’s more, it can be used to encourage a long flowering period to showcase its delicate and lovely beauty that most orchid lovers crave.
Besides, this nutrient-rich fertilizer serves as an all-rounder towards a variety of houseplant types, including bromeliads and Artec lilies. Each application remains efficient for 10-14 weeks, so this generous far of three pounds should last you for quite some time.
- Includes a perfect N-P-K balance of 20-20-20
- Derived from multiple sources of nitrogen
- Comes in a generous jar of three pounds
- Formulated for instant feeding and utilization of plants
- Fits the use of both agricultural and horticultural fields
- Versatile for nourishing orchids and other types of plants
- Promotes long-blooming and beautiful vanilla orchids
- Each application lasts 10 days to 2 weeks
- Comes in a form of powder that mixes well with water to use
- The powder requires precision in measurement to get the concentration right for optimal results
|Dimensions||6.5 x 5.4 x 4.3 inches|
|Net weight||3 pounds|
|Frequency of use||Every 10 days or 2 weeks|
|Plant type||All slab-mounted epiphytic orchids|
8. Aquatic Arts 8-Ounce Liquid Orchid Fertilizer
Coming as a 100% natural fertilizer, this orchid food by Aquatic Arts is a safe and easy way to grow vibrant pots of orchid in the long run. Thanks to the high level of vital macronutrients, including nitrogen, potassium, and phosphate, it’s made to keep your orchids in a superb state.
Since this natural compound contains no harsh chemicals, it poses much less risk of foliage and root burns compared to other synthetic counterparts. In addition to nourishing the gorgeous houseplants, its natural manner also notably helps improve the soil structure.
Lastly, this liquid fertilizer takes little time to showcase excellent results when applied on a weekly basis. Also, one teaspoon to two cups of water is the recommended dosage by the company. Thusly, this 8-ounce bottle should last for a good 6-12 months.
- Contains 8 ounces for an extended period of 6-12 months
- Packed with high levels of nitrogen, potassium, and phosphate
- Extracted from 100% natural ingredients
- Free of all harsh chemicals to prevent orchid burns
- Promotes vibrant green leaves, strong roots, and stems
- Contributes to the soil structure improvement
- Keeps your orchids in excellent conditions through blooming
- Ideal for replenishing all types of orchid
- Starts showing visible results in next to no time
- In order for the fertilizer to perform its best, you’ll need to carefully measure the water volume prior to dilution
|Dimensions||6 x 2 x 1 inches|
|Net weight||8 ounces|
|Frequency of use||Once a week|
|Plant type||All types of orchids|
9. Perfect Plants Slow-Release Orchid Fertilizer
(Best for Phalaenopsis)
With claims to grow Phalaenopsis orchids with high productivity, this Perfect Plants orchid fertilizer significantly promotes the size, color, and fragrance of this favorable houseplant. Plus, it also helps support future blooming that will catch any guest’s eyes from first glance.
What makes this fertilizer stands out from the crowd is its pellet form. These readily nutrient-filled pellets don’t require any measurement prior to dissolution for maximum ease of use. Asides from indoor orchids, it’s also applicable to a wide range of acid-loving plants.
Additionally, this pellet-based fertilizer is housed in a resealable container to enhance long-term storage ability in the long haul. For feeding a single pot of orchid, this 5-ounce bag should be sufficient for full three-year nourishment with no difficulties.
- Gently releases nutrients for nourishment over 6 months
- Arrives in a resealable package for excellent storage ability
- Made of natural matters for sustainable soil enrichment
- Features a well-blended N-P-K analysis of 13-11-11
- Calls for little time and effort for orchid care
- Moderately increases the size, color, and bloom
- Gives your Phalaenopsis orchids an extra boost
- Suitable for indoor orchids and other acid-loving plants
- Sufficient for feeding one orchid for three years
- Sprinkling too many pellets can overwhelm and burn the orchid’s root system
|Dimensions||5 x 3 x 0.25 inches|
|Net weight||5 ounces|
|Frequency of use||Every 6 months|
|Plant type||All orchid types|
10. GS Plant Foods The World’s Greatest Orchid Fertilizer
If you plan to grow your orchid collection in an organic manner, this GS Plant Foods The World’s Greatest orchid fertilizer is certainly your best bet. By featuring high-quality organic ingredients like plant hormones and kelp, this orchid food remains safe and gentle for use.
This organic fertilizer comes in a form of highly concentrated liquid. When properly diluted, it can yield maximally 32 gallons of finished product per bottle. Since it’s provided with clear and straightforward directions on the label, weekly applications should be easy as a piece of cake.
Furthermore, this orchid food double-serves as an orchid health maintenance and a bloom booster all in one. Thusly, several applications are sufficient for bringing damaged and tired orchids back to life to provide fantastic aesthetics to your dwelling.
Asides from this 32-ounce bottle, which is primarily used for feeding a small number of pots, you also have to flexibility to pick up a larger version of 1-Gallon from GS Plant Foods. This generous volume is well-suited for orchid enthusiasts with a huge orchid collection.
- Sold in liquid form with a high level of concentration
- Can yield up to 32 gallons of the finished product
- Derived from high-quality organic ingredients
- Serves as a bloom booster and orchid health maintenance
- Gentle for supplemental nourishments on a weekly basis
- Allows for easy and fuss-free applications
- Establishes sturdy root, stem, and foliage systems
- Helps lifeless orchids repeatedly rebloom
- Flexible for year-round fertilizations
- Compared to its synthetic contemporaries, this organic fertilizer has a lower N-P-K ratio
- When first applied, it gives off a slightly unpleasant odor that dissipates after a few days
|Brand||GS Plant Foods|
|Dimensions||4 x 4 x 8 inches|
|Net weight||32 ounces|
|Frequency of use||Every week|
11. Sun Bulb 8303 Better Gro Orchid Fertilizer
(Best for Blooms)
This Sun Bulb Better Gro orchid fertilizer is what it takes to achieve beautiful and exotic orchid flowers. Thanks to the high content of fast-acting nitrogen, this plant food helps to boost rapid growth, luscious color and produce weeks-months of breathtaking blooming flowers.
Not only packed with a blend of vital macronutrients for the plant’s overall growth, but this Better Gro fertilizer also carries minor elements to improve the soil’s overall quality. With little pre-work required, this blend fits the needs of both professionals and first-time orchid owners.
What’s even better, since there’s no urea in the formula, you can rest assured that your beloved orchid flowers won’t suffer from ammonium toxicity caused by the buildup of extra nitrogen. Also, the water-soluble granules easily dissolve in the water for quick and simple applications.
- Provides fast-acting nitrogen for rapid growth
- Carries minor elements to boost the soil’s overall quality
- Housed in a resealable bag for easy storage
- Professionally formulated with no urea included
- Encourages a longer flowering period
- Suitable for professionals and first-time owners
- Comes with ideal mixing proportions for simple use
- Makes your orchid collection thrive vigorously
- Loaded with a good blend of macronutrients
- This 16-ounce bag runs out quickly as it requires frequent applications for the best result
- The container isn’t effective in keeping the granules from spilling and absorbing humidity
|Dimensions||7.6 x 4.9 x 1.5 inches|
|Net weight||16 ounces|
|Frequency of use||Once per week|
Let’s see how the Sun Bulb 8303 Better Gro Orchid Fertilizer functions in real life in the following video!
12. Grow More 5119 30-10-10 Orchid Fertilizer
(Best for Cymbidiums)
For houseplant connoisseurs who delight in long-live romantic Cymbidiums, this Grow More fertilizer is a must in your storage area. With an ideal combination of nitrogen, phosphate, and potassium of 30-10-10, this blend enhances the growth of your orchids from the leaves to roots.
By carrying an abundant source of nitrogen, this fertilizer can combat deficiency of elements, which often occurs in potting mixes with little soil content. Plus, its low biuret urea level perfectly suits houseplants that grow in medium to bright light conditions like Cymbidiums.
Besides Cymbidiums, this variety also works like a charm on various types of orchids that you may have in your visually appealing collection. Each canister offers a 15-ounce volume that tends to hold up for several months of applications every 10-14 days.
- Offers an abundant source of nitrogen
- Very low in biuret urea content to suit Cymbidium orchids
- Available in a 15-ounce volume that holds up to several months
- Supplies the essential N-P-K analysis of 30-10-10
- Provided with clear and easy instructions for ease of use
- Facilitates better roots, leaves and help Cymbidiums flourish
- Perfect for a variety of orchid types
- Comes in powder form that readily dissolves in the water
- Housed in an airtight bottle for effective long-term storage
- Since this fertilizer features a low urea level, it’s not the best for orchid types that grow in low light conditions
|Dimensions||6 x 6 x 4 inches|
|Net weight||15 ounces|
|Frequency of use||Every 10-14 days|
Find out how the Grow More 5119 30-10-10 Orchid Fertilizer promotes your orchid growth in this comparison video of four Grow More blends.
13. Bonide 10-10-10 Liquid Orchid Fertilizer
(Best for Orchid Cactus)
This orchid fertilizer by Bonide contains an equal amount of N-P-K, which creates the perfect nutritional condition for orchid cactuses to attain vigorous growth and lacy blooms. It comes in a form of liquid that dissolves easily in water and enables even absorbance from the roots.
Not only well-suited for orchid varieties, but this plant food is designed as a multi-purpose fertilizer for any type of houseplant. Plus, with this blend at your disposal, you have the flexibility to adjust the application schedule depending on your plants’ needs and conditions.
Finally, proper mixing instructions are provided on the label to enhance ease of use while avoiding the saturation of your plants caused by incorrect concentration. However, since the bottle’s volume is quite limited, it’ll probably run out after several months.
- Carries a perfectly balanced N-P-K mix of 10-10-10
- Sold in liquid content that dissolves rapidly
- Acts as an all-rounder fertilizer for any houseplant
- Instantly available for easy-absorbing nutrient supply
- Allows for flexible applications whenever you water
- Encourages sturdy and vigorous growth
- Ideal for most orchid cactus varieties during growth periods
- Proper instructions are included to avoid saturating plants
- This 8-ounce bottle is small and comes half full, so you’ll probably need another one in no time
|Dimensions||3.25 x 1.5 x 6 inches|
|Net weight||10.5 ounces|
|Frequency of use||Every time you water|
14. MOSKILA E-Z-GRO -10-20 Liquid Orchid Fertilizer
The MOSKILA E-Z-GRO liquid orchid fertilizer is a high-quality blend of valuable nutrients to provide instant feeding to your beautiful plants. With helpful directions for correct dilution and an additional measuring cup, applying this product should be easy as a snap.
This orchid food requires periodical applications every 1-2 weeks to achieve its best potential. When implemented properly, it will rapidly intensify the luscious green color and spectacular blooms that any orchid lover craves.
Lastly, whether you’re a seasoned orchid owner or a newbie in the field, this fertilizer ensures you complete safety and efficiency. The blend features no urea content, meaning your plant stands no chance of getting damaged by ammonium toxicity for your peace of mind.
- Arrives in the set with a free cup for accurate measurements
- Packed with valuable micronutrients to intensify the green color
- Fast-acting to provide instant supplemental feeding
- Works like a charm on all orchid varieties in peat soil
- Efficiently promotes vibrant grow and spectacular blooms
- Requires only one application every 1-2 weeks for best results
- No urea included to preventing ammonium toxicity
- Comes with helpful directions for correct dilution
- Easy to apply for first-time orchid lovers
- Applying this liquid in intense concentration can cause brown foliage discoloration and root damages
|Dimensions||1.5 x 4 x 7 inches|
|Net weight||16 ounces|
|Frequency of use||Every 7-14 days|
|Plant type||All orchids grown in peat type soil|
15. SMEREKA Active Starter Liquid Orchid Fertilizer
(Best for Orchid Seeding)
The last but not less important orchid fertilizer that’s made it to the list is this active starter blend by SMEREKA. Formulated with plenty of micro, macro, and trace nutrients, this orchid food is the full package to strength boost when growing orchids from seeds.
Apart from its primary role as an active starter, this liquid fertilizer also doubles as a bloom booster since it’s highly effective in prolonging the plant’s flowering periods. Plus, the liquid content allows it to penetrate deeps into the soil to deliver desirable results in no time.
Additionally, this nutrient-filled blend is applicable to virtually all kinds of ornamental orchid types, so you can rest assured of a healthy and gorgeous orchid collection. The company advises to use it every time you water, thusly enables a flexible application schedule for busy owners.
- Carries an ideal combination of nutrients
- Formulated with urea-free content
- Supports strong development when growing from seeds
- Made with an 8-5-6 N-P-K ratio
- Acts as an active starter and a bloom booster
- Applicable to practically all kinds of ornamental orchid
- Extends the vibrant flowering period
- Allows for a flexible application schedule
- Provides fast visible results in a short period of time
- Since its direction only instruct to make one gallon at a time, it can be rather redundant to apply on one single orchid
|Dimensions||6.61 x 2.99 x 2.52 inches|
|Net weight||13 ounces|
|Frequency of use||Every watering or every 2 weeks|
Buying Guides for Choosing the Best Orchid Fertilizer
Here are some helpful guidelines to flick through to ensure that you find the best orchid fertilizer for your beautiful houseplant.
Natural vs. Synthetic
Natural and synthetic fertilizers for orchids carry quite some major differences in terms of sustainability, toxin buildup, and especially overall efficiency.
Natural fertilizers are generally the more reliable and sustainable way to nourish orchids. Derived from organic materials like bone meal and poultry manure, this variety slowly feeds the plants while adding matters to the soil to improve its conditions and qualities.
However, with a natural blend, the amount of nutrient and microbe can vary due to the natural creation process. Plus, since it takes a few months to break down completely, you’ll have to wait a while before seeing your plants thrive and flourish.
Synthetic fertilizers, on the other hand, ensures fast-acting results, making them great options for orchids in severe distress from deficiency of nutrients. Due to the artificial production, these varieties are provided with accurate nutritional content to help you decide if they fit your orchid.
Nonetheless, the rapid nourishment of synthetic fertilizers may cause the nutrients to leach into the water table and soil where the root system can hardly access them. Plus, heavy applications are likely to cause brown spots in leaves and burn the plant’s root systems.
N-P-K ratio is one of the most significant factors when it comes to choosing a decent orchid fertilizer. Each orchid variety requires a different perfect blend of macronutrients for it to thrive with productivity.
For instance, a balanced mixture of 10-10-10 is the ideal fertilizer for orchid cactus. At the same time, cymbidiums enjoy a 30-10-10 blend with a high nitrogen level for maximum growth.
Orchid fertilizers fall in either slow or fast-release formula. Making a choice between these two is largely dependent on your demands and current orchid conditions.
Firstly, fast-release fertilizers are made to deliver an instant boost of nutrients that starts showing results within a few days. Each application can stimulate luscious greening and rapid growth. However, over-applying this formula can cause leave discoloration and root burns.
Meanwhile, slow-release blends pose less risk of burning or damaging the plant’s systems by gradually release nutrients into the soil rather than all at once. With a slow-acting dose of fertilizer, you can stop worrying about it for several weeks before another application is needed.
If you’re a true orchid enthusiast who owns multiple pots around your house, a big package with plenty of content will provide sufficient nutrients without you having to run to the grocery store all the time.
On the other hand, if there’re only a few mini orchids touching up your house, a smaller pack should be preferred to prevent it from going stale due to long-term storage before use.
Frequency of Use
For orchid owners who frequently roll on a hectic schedule with little time to spare for orchid care and maintenance, a long-lasting fertilizer is recommended to keep your orchids thriving without much effort.
However, if you cherish taking care of your beloved plant, there’re plenty of options that require reapplying every few days or after every time you water.
Finally, for the best results, you should also keep in mind that we fertilize orchids the most during growth periods and less in blooming and dormant times.
Frequently Asked Questions
Before wrapping up, let’s discover some of the most confusing things people often have in mind regarding the best orchid fertilizers.
My Top Pick
Our journey to find the best orchid fertilizer has come to an end. To sum up, growing healthy and gorgeous indoor orchids only requires some consistency, weekly watering, and a perfect blend of nutrients to achieve their excellent conditions.
Among these top-notch orchid foods, my top pick is definitely the Miracle-Gro Water Soluble Orchid Fertilizer. This blend is highly nutritional, safe, and super easy to apply on all types of indoor and outdoor orchids.
What about you? I hope you’ve been able to discover your ultimate option for your own home orchid collection. For any information or question you have, please feel free to let me know in the comment section right below!