Many times when you are working on your garden, it is crucial that you acquire help from machinery. Spraying herbicides, weed killers or fertilizer can be done by hand for sure, but it takes a lot of time and effort to do so, not to mention the risk of exposing yourself to these chemicals. It’s time that you consider investing in the best tow behind sprayer for your next garden care!
With just the right tow behind sprayer, you can save a lot of time and energy as well as eliminate the possibility of getting frustrated over chores work. Nowadays, there are lots of products with different features that surely can tailor according to your needs.
Let me show you the trusted and beloved best tow behind sprayers that lots of users have been using in the market right now!
- What Is A Tow Behind Sprayer?
- Types Of Tow Behind Sprayer
- What Tasks Can be Done by a Tow Behind Sprayer?
- What Are The Best Tow Behind Sprayers?
- Best Tow Behind Sprayers Comparison Chart 2021
- Top 12 Best Tow Behind Sprayer Reviews 2021
- 1. NorthStar 21 Gallon Boom and Spot Tow Behind Sprayer
- 2. Master Manufacturing 15 Gallon Spot Tow Behind Sprayer
- 3. Ironton 13 Gallon Tow Behind Sprayer
- 4. Chapin International 15 Gallon EZ Mount Tow Behind Sprayer
- 5. Agri-Fab 15 Gallon Tow Behind Sprayer
- 6. Happybuy 15.8 Gallon Tow Behind Sprayer
- 7. Precision Products 25 Gallon Spot Tow Behind Sprayer
- 8. Brinly 15 Gallon Tow Behind Sprayer
- 9. HOMESTEAD 12 Gallon Pull & Tow Behind Sprayer
- 10. NorthStar 10 Gallon ATV Tow Behind Sprayer
- 11. Master Manufacturing 9 Gallon Spot Tow Behind Sprayer
- 12. Guide Gear 26 Gallon Garden Tow Behind Sprayer
- Things To Consider Before Purchasing The Best Tow Behind Sprayer
- My Top Pick
What Is A Tow Behind Sprayer?
Depending on the design, tow behind sprayers can be attached to a cart or truck to pull behind, or it can be a piece of separate equipment to use. There are lots of designs and features out there to tackle your needs, however, a basic tow behind sprayer contains the necessities like a tank, an engine, and a pump.
The simple tasks for any sprayers to do are watering the lawn, misting the driveways or pathways. Broad applications that can cover a large area use a wide tube with multiple spray nozzles, or we called a boom. For spot application, some sprayers also come equipped with a spray hose.
- Top 15 Best Chipper Shredder for Composting 2021
- Top 15 Best Fertilizer For Grass In Fall Reviews 2021
- Top 15 Best Orchid Fertilizers to Buy 2021
- Top 15 Best Fertilizer for Fruit Trees Reviews 2021
- Top 15 Best Lawn Fertilizer Brands To Buy 2021
- Top 15 Best Gas String Trimmers Reviews 2021
- Top 15 Best Weed and Feed for Lawns Reviews 2021
- Top 15 Best Fertilizers For Tomatoes and Peppers Reviews 2021
Types Of Tow Behind Sprayer
There are different types of tow behind sprayer that you can find in the market right now, so do be careful while purchasing to get the exact one that suits your needs.
- Trailer sprayer: This model can be hitched to a tractor or ATV with a tank mounted to the frame, large tires to help the tractor stay on loose soil.
- ATV sprayer: This model can easily fit in behind the rear of your ATV. It is a good choice for small farms or smallholdings without a tractor and wants something small and convenient.
- Boom model: This sprayer will have a wide tube with extended ends to offer a wider and broader affected area. It is suitable for farmers or golf courses.
- Boom-less model: Unlike boom models, this model will tackle more precisely the desired spot as it offers a spray wand to pump out the liquid. The spray wand is attached to the pump using a long hose.
What Tasks Can be Done by a Tow Behind Sprayer?
I keep mentioning in this article how convenient it is to have a tow behind sprayer helped you with garden work, but what exactly are those works?
Tow behind sprayer includes a tank, a pump, and a sprayer. On running, the air will be pushed in at a high velocity and the liquid can be sprayed by the low pressure from the tube.
For tow behind sprayers, you can reduce the time spent to treat your lawn and garden a lot as it can work with herbicides, pesticides, or any common lawn care chemicals. That means a tow behind sprayer can help you in preventing weeds or pests in just a short time, or giving your crop its essential nutrients in less than an hour compares with doing it manually.
What Are The Best Tow Behind Sprayers?
Finding the best tow behind sprayer might be a challenging and disheartening task if you are new, and what worse is that if you happen to purchase the wrong one, it might result in more frustration and negative outcome.
But it does not need to be like that. Here is my list of the 12 best tow behind sprayer to help you. To give you a vast overview of the list, I have written down the main features of each product.
In the list, I have put in very well-known NorthStar sprayers with their powerful pumps and versatile features, some Master Manufacturing products are also at a very reasonable price. And lastly, one new name from the Precision Product promises high-quality fine mist to pamper your plants.
Excited? Let’s get to it!
- Best Overall – NorthStar 21 Gallon Boom and Spot Tow Behind Sprayer
”12V 2.2 GPM powerful pump, endless work duration, Micro switch for enhanced durability and efficiency”
- Best Budget – Master Manufacturing 15 Gallon Spot Tow Behind Sprayer
‘’Very reasonable price, compact design, Overflo pump with high durability, easy to use.’’
- Best for Lawn Mowers – Ironton 13 Gallon Tow Behind Sprayer
“Gallon marker on a tank, high-quality tires for any terrain, compatible with most common chemicals.’’
- Best for ATVs – Chapin International 15 Gallon EZ Mount Tow Behind Sprayer
‘’Compatible with common lawn care products, high performing pump, and dual filtration system.’’
- Best with Boom – Agri-Fab 15 Gallon Tow Behind Sprayer
‘’Attach to any kind of vehicles, easy to use, big tank capacity, refined spray wand for more control.’’
- Best Fine Mist – Happybuy 15.8 Gallon Tow Behind Sprayer
‘’Enhance durability and efficiency, refined spray nozzle, very fine mist, double filter system.’’
- Best Spray Control – Precision Products 25 Gallon Spot Tow Behind Sprayer
‘’Powerful pump motor, chemical-resistant material, better performance and longer life, thumb-control switch.’’
- Best Versatile – Brinly 15 Gallon Tow Behind Sprayer
‘’Easily work on any terrain or space sizes, adjustable boom spray system, self-storing design.’’
- Best for Storage – HOMESTEAD 12 Gallon Pull & Tow Behind Sprayer
‘’Great for small size garden, include a 5-foot swath from a single boom nozzle, Everflo 1GPM 12V pmp.’’
- Best for Well-mixed Liquid Spray – NorthStar 10 Gallon ATV Tow Behind Sprayer
‘’High-pressure well-known NorthStar NSQ Series pump, maximum work efficiency, adjustable spraying pattern.’’
- Best in Size – Master Manufacturing 9 Gallon Spot Tow Behind Sprayer
‘’Small and compactable, easy for storage and packed in any vehicles, adjustable spray gun, easy to grip tank walls.’’
- Best Heavy Duty – Guide Gear 26 Gallon Garden Tow Behind Sprayer
‘’Industrial-grade quality, can go with intense heavy work, large tank capability, greater control over your spray.”
Best Tow Behind Sprayers Comparison Chart 2021
And now let’s take a deeper look at each product’s types and size to see which best tow behind sprayer might be suitable for you.
|Best Tow Behind Sprayers||Dimensions||Weight||Operation Type||Power Source Type|
|NorthStar 21 Gallon Boom and Spot Tow Behind Sprayer - Best Overall||48 x 42 x 25 inches||60 pounds||Trailer||ATV/ tractor battery|
|Master Manufacturing 15 Gallon Spot Tow Behind Sprayer - Best Budget||16 x 14 x 34 inches||14 pounds||ATV/ UTV||Battery separately or ATV/ tractor battery|
|Ironton 13 Gallon Tow Behind Sprayer - Best for Lawn Mowers||40 x 21.5 x 21.5 inches||50 pounds||Trailer||ATV/ tractor battery|
|Chapin International 15 Gallon EZ Mount Tow Behind Sprayer - Best for ATVs||34.5 x 16.75 x 14.4 inches||15.6 pounds||ATV/ UTV||ATV/ tractor battery|
|Agri-Fab 15 Gallon Tow Behind Sprayer - Best with Boom||55 x 24 x 18 inches||37 pounds||Trailer||ATV/ tractor battery|
|Happybuy 15.8 Gallon Tow Behind Sprayer - Best Fine Mist||34.96 x 17.01 x 14.41 inches||19.21 pounds||ATV/ UTV||ATV/ tractor battery|
|Precision Products 25 Gallon Spot Tow Behind Sprayer - Best Spray Control||31.5 x 15 x 21.25 inches||20.5 pounds||ATV/ UTV||ATV/ tractor battery|
|Brinly 15 Gallon Tow Behind Sprayer - Best Versatile||19 x 58 x 28 inches||43 pounds||Trailer||ATV/ tractor battery|
|HOMESTEAD 12 Gallon Pull & Tow Behind Sprayer - Best for Storage||19 x 23 x 14.5 inches||32.5 pounds||Trailer||ATV/ tractor battery|
|NorthStar 10 Gallon ATV Tow Behind Sprayer - Best for Well-mixed Liquid Spray||25.25 x 165 x 12 inches||21.46 pounds||ATV/ tractor||ATV/ tractor battery|
|Master Manufacturing 9 Gallon Spot Tow Behind Sprayer - Best in Size||19 x 15.25 x 16.25 inches||11.46 pounds||ATV/ tractor||ATV/ tractor battery|
|Guide Gear 26 Gallon Garden Tow Behind Sprayer - Best Heavy Duty||34.5 x 14.75 x 21 inches||24 pounds||ATV/ tractor||ATV/ tractor|
Top 12 Best Tow Behind Sprayer Reviews 2021
After reading through the chart and filter out some potential candidates, let’s dive in deep to find out the best tow behind sprayers and their pros and cons.
1. NorthStar 21 Gallon Boom and Spot Tow Behind Sprayer
This NorthStar Trailer Boom Broadcast and Spot Sprayer is very versatile as it can offer you both wide-coverage or small spot precision as you wish.
Backed up with an industrial-grade NSQ Series pump, which is exceptionally durable and highly resistant to harsh conditions, this pump is the heart and soul that operates this whole machinery. It is promised to consistently work without any need for cool-down periods.
Next to it, the redesigned over-sized tank is also built for heavy-duty tasks. NorthStar makes sure to use better material for a better and stronger tank so that it could last longer. Its 7.5 inches lid gives you more control overfilling and the tank-bottom drain hole is convenient.
This sprayer will help you save up lots of time and work with its large area of coverage – up to 10 feet – which is ideal for lawns, roadways, or fields. And if you need the precision for small spot treatment, then this sprayer will give you that too with the spray gun.
It is equipped with a spring-loaded breakaway boom with max durability and nozzles that you have full control over. The sprayer will automatically turn off when being inactive to conserve the battery.
- 12V GPM NorthStar NSQ Series pump
- Honeywell MICRO SWITCH
- Large-sized tank with high durability
- 5 inches tank lid
- Included spray gun and boom sprayer
- Highly efficient pump
- 100% continuous work time
- Easy for storage
- Fully control over nozzles spray
- Compatible with common chemicals
- Need some assembly
|Dimensions||48 x 42 x 25 inches|
|Spray Width||Boom: 120inches overall, 80 inches effective
Gun: 19 x 30 feet (vertical x horizontal)
|Application||Boom and spot sprayer|
|Warranty||24 months for consumer/ 90 days for commercial|
For more info and how others think about this product, watch this video below!
2. Master Manufacturing 15 Gallon Spot Tow Behind Sprayer
Master Manufacturing brings you a spot sprayer with a very reasonable price, the 15 Gallon Spot Sprayer.
Being a spot sprayer, this machine helps you to easily tackle problems on small spots and areas with weeds, fence lines, gravel lines, or any isolated spots. The spray gun is adjustable to any pattern that comes with a 15 feet rubber hose that can reach up to 18 feet vertically and 20 feet horizontally.
Of course, the spray gun is powered by the Everflo 12V Diaphragm Pump that is suggested to be paired with the Revolt Lithium-Ion Sprayer Battery or can be connected to the battery in your ATV. Do take in mind that the pump only works if you squeeze the spray. And because of that, the product comes with gun clips to ease the hassle.
The tank is made of UV-resistant translucent polyethylene with grips on tank walls, making it easier to grip and attach to any vehicle like ATV or UTV. The drain port is designed for easier and thorough drainage.
If you ever want to transform it into a boom sprayer, they also sell the kits separately. Also, the product is covered with a 1-year warranty upon purchase.
- Translucent tank
- Spot sprayer with pump
- Used for herbicides, pesticides, water, disinfectants
- Can be upgraded to a boom sprayer
- Large range of spray coverage
- Easy for transportation
- High-quality material
- Accessible and complete drain hole
- Affordable price for its size
- Arrived loosely assembled
|Dimensions||16 x 14 x 34 inches|
|Spray Width||18 x 20 feet (vertical x horizontal)|
3. Ironton 13 Gallon Tow Behind Sprayer
(Best for Lawn Mowers)
This product is a trailer that can be towed behind any ATV or tractors to spray weeds, fence lines, or any desired spots in your garden.
It comes with a 1 GPM Ironton pump with qualified and durable chemical-resistant components. It is connected to a 13-gallon, UV-resisted tank with a 7.5 inches opening cap for easy filling and a drain hole at the bottom for better drainage. Also, the tank is molded with gallon marks to help to monitor easier.
It can be used as a boom sprayer or a spot sprayer with a different setup. For boom spray, it can reach 40 inches wide.
The spray gun can be adjusted with different spraying patterns from stream to cone with the stream being 12 foot vertical and 20 foot horizontal. It comes equipped with a lightweight clear PVC hose with high durability and a remote switch and battery clips.
The built-in hanging bracket makes it easy for storing and 10 inches wheels for more flexibility.
- 1 GPM pump with durable components
- 13 gallon UV resistant tank
- Adjustable spray gun
- Remote switch
- Easy to switch from boom to spot spray
- Gallon marks included in the tank for easy observation
- Quick and easy tank design for filling and draining
- Good quality tires
- Flexible storing
- Short duration of warranty
|Dimensions||40 x 21.5 x 21.5 inches|
|Spray Width||Boom: 40 inches
Gun spray: 12 x 20 feet (vertical x horizontal)
|Application||Boom and spot spray|
Here is what another user thinks about this product:
4. Chapin International 15 Gallon EZ Mount Tow Behind Sprayer
(Best for ATVs)
This 15-gallon tow behind sprayer is one of the best choices if you are looking for any ATVs sprayer that does its job.
Designed to be used with any fertilizers or chemicals for lawn and garden care, the tank is made from high-quality translucent material and can withstand common chemicals. It has a 5-inch wide mouth and drains plug that is easy for cleaning and filling liquids.
The pump is a high-powered 12V, 40 PSI diaphragm pump with one GPM, with quick-connect alligator clips, and a dual filtration system. This promises you great quality work.
The product is a spot sprayer with an 18-inch spray wand that has an adjustable nozzle, assisted by a 15-foot reinforced hose. The lock on/off feature is the improved feature as you can take the entire part for cleaning up or doing maintenance.
It can reach up to 30-foot max vertical spray and 18-foot max horizontal spray.
- 15-gallon tank
- Compatible with common garden chemicals
- High-powered pump
- 18-inch spray wand
- Easy to fill, clean, and drain the liquid
- Adjustable spray wand’s nozzle
- Translucent tank to observe liquid level
- Can fit on any ATVs or garden vehicles
- Time-saving for garden works
- The pump might get leaky
|Dimensions||34.5 x 16.7 x 14.4 inches|
|Spray Width||30 x 18 feet (vertical x horizontal)|
For this product detailed information, watch this video to see it in real life!
5. Agri-Fab 15 Gallon Tow Behind Sprayer
(Best with Boom)
This Agri-Fab tow behind sprayer is one of the best candidates for this list as it accompanies you to prevent weeds and insects.
With a capacity of a 15-gallon tank, this is the ideal size for any small lawn or vegetable garden. But fear not of the capacity as it also comes with a large-cap and a bottom drain hole that assures to get your liquid sprayed smoothly.
The design is very flatter too, as it can be easily hung on a wall or stored. Its wheels are maneuverable flat-free that requires no airing and roll smoothly on any surface. And if you want to attach this sprayer to any vehicle, then it has a universal hitch that can be attached to any brand of tractor.
The equipment offers boom spray that is extended to 7 feet wide, or if you need spot treatment, then it also comes with a hand-held spray wand that can reach up to 30 feet.
The tank quality is exceptional as it can be filled with most lawn care chemicals, and if it is not enough to make you feel at ease, the product is backed by a 3-year warranty as well.
- 15-gallon-tank capability
- 7-foot wide boom spray coverage
- Comes with a spray wand
- 3-year warranty
- Drain hole for the tank
- Easy to drain the leftover liquid
- Universal hitch that can fit any tractor
- Versatile spray mode
- Non-flat tires that can run on most surface
- Large screw cap for easy mixing of liquid
- A bit pricey for its size
- Need some assembly
|Dimensions||55 x 24 x 18 inches|
|Spray Width||7 feet|
|Application||Boom and spot spray|
6. Happybuy 15.8 Gallon Tow Behind Sprayer
(Best Fine Mist)
The Happybuy Tow Behind sprayer is a spot sprayer that is equipped with a large water tank that can hold 15.8 gallons of liquid at a time. This makes your spraying job in a large area easy like a breeze and saves time refilling.
With a remarkable 0.6 GPM and 12V pump that can withstand fertilizers, pesticides, and other common chemicals, as well as the ability to offer stable flow and high pressure, it is dependable for any garden work.
The refined nozzles make the sprayer disperse and distribute microdroplets, which are easily carried by the wind. This helps distribute the droplets evenly around the plants like a pampering mist. The spray gun is connected with a 16.4 ft hose, so reaching a far spot is possible.
The tank adopts a 2-level filter system to help prevent debris from getting to the nozzle, ensuring the output liquid purity. When you want to drain the tank, just simply take off the drain cap and the system will realize and rapidly empty the leftovers.
- Enlarged capacity water tank
- Remarkable powerful diaphragm pump
- Exquisite spraying system
- High-quality material
- Easily to apply for a large area without the need to refill
- Prevent dirt and debris get to the nozzle
- Trouble-free and easy-to-use design
- Flexible application
- Prolonged service life
- Does not come with straps
|Dimension||34.96 x 17.01 x 14.41 inches|
|Spray Width||Not stated|
7. Precision Products 25 Gallon Spot Tow Behind Sprayer
(Best Spray Control)
This product with a 25-gallon durable plastic tank is your solution if you are looking for a quick, easy-to-manage sprayer. Plus, it can always be easily attached to any ATVs or tractors.
As said, the tank is huge, and its ability to store 25 gallons of liquid will saves you lots of time from refilling liquids in-betweens. It is equipped with a drain plug at the button for quick cleaning.
The pump sprayer is a 12V spot pump sprayer with a 12-inch hose to help you get to extensive or vast areas. This model can produce up to 60 PSI and 1.8 gallons of liquid per minute, which is super powerful.
The spray gun is equipped with a thumb control feature, so you can easily adjust the spray by your likings without wasting. Don’t forget that this product is also backed by a 3-month warranty upon purchase, so rest assured!
- 25-gallon liquid tank
- 12V spot sprayer
- Up to 60 PSI
- Thumb-control spray wand
- Easy to be packed behind any rear of ATVs or vehicles
- Save time re-filling
- Convenient to drain leftovers
- Control spray amount and direction precisely
- Tank might be too chunky for some
|Dimensions||31.5 x 15 x 21.25 inches|
|Spray Width||10 feet|
8. Brinly 15 Gallon Tow Behind Sprayer
Brinly is a versatile sprayer that you can attach to any vehicle to pull it around. It helps you reduce work in applying herbicides, fertilizers, water, and many more just from the seat of your tractor.
It is equipped with a break-away boom that can pass through small spaces or between trees, and from that, it can even be folded-up and reduced its size into 19 x 24 inches for easy storage.
The tank is 15 gallons and translucent, which helps you to monitor the liquid level inside the tank, and a big screw cap for less hassle in the refilling and draining process.
The pump is highly powered, with 1 GPM/ 40 PSI with a dual filtration system that offers extended life for the product. Spray wand can cover up to 16 x 28 inches, aided by a 12 inches reinforced hose to maximum control.
And if you want to broadcast spray, then it is possible with the extendable boom with dual spray nozzles for 70” spray coverage when used.
- Vertical, self-storing design
- Offer both spot and boom treatment
- Large spray coverage
- Powerful pump system
- Easy to store
- Compatible with most of the common lawn chemicals
- Long-serving lifespan
- Universal for many lawn tractors or vehicles
- A bit expensive
|Dimensions||19 x 58 x 28 inches|
|Spray Width||Boom: 70”
Spot: 16 x 28 inches (vertical x horizontal)
|Application||Boom and spot spray|
Are you interested in this product too? Watch this video to see how it is!
9. HOMESTEAD 12 Gallon Pull & Tow Behind Sprayer
(Best for Storage)
As compact as it looks, this HOMESTEAD sprayer can offer you much more than what you think.
This sprayer features a 5 feet broadcast swath in a single boom nozzle. It is run by a top-tier pumping system that includes Everflo 1GPM for 12V, able to spray to 40 PSI.
If you need spot spray for more delicate work, simply unholster the spray gun and adjust it as you please. This spray gun gives you the range of coverage up to 15 feet tall and 30 feet wide. And it all comes from your comfortable seat.
The whole product is designed to utilize the ability to keep everything in places as neat as possible. With the tongue hook to hood itself on the wall for easy storage, to the tongue that is specially designed to fit perfectly to the mower’s connection, to the hooks and lock straps that keep the hose organized, it is clear that HOMESTEAD really put their thoughts into it.
Besides, the wheels are made from non-flat foam filling that can withstand any tough terrain, which I highly appreciate.
- Great for small to medium lawn
- Can switch between boom and spot spray
- Includes Everflo 1.1GPM 12V pump
- A 5-foot swath from a single boom nozzle
- Easy and compact storage design
- Includes hooks and straps to utilize its features
- Wide range of spraying
- Easy to drain and fill liquid
- Can work with different types of terrain
- Needs some assembly
|Dimensions||19 x 23 x 14.5 inches|
|Spray Width||Boom: 5 feet wide
Spot: 15 x 30 feet (vertical x horizontal)
|Application||Boom and spot sprayer|
10. NorthStar 10 Gallon ATV Tow Behind Sprayer
(Best for Well-mixed Liquid Spray)
This NorthStar sprayer offers you a stable work performance but at a very reasonable price. Let’s check it out!
Firstly, you will notice the 10-gallon liquid tank that is made of extra-thick material that can endure both the pressure and the chemicals it carries. It has molded-in gallon markers to give you a quick view of the liquid level. The tank lid is 7.5” which will make it easier to fill in.
Also, note that it is designed for the bypass flow to return to the tank to keep the chemicals well-mixed.
Next, like other NorthStar sprayers, it is also equipped with a 12V, 1.1 GPM high-pressure NorthStar NSQ series pump that can generate up to 100 PSI. This pump promises to bring the most efficiency out of this sprayer.
It includes a deluxe trigger spray gun that you can freely adjust its streamline and a 15 feet long hose to back you up. It is meant to create a fine mist that can be moved freely in the air, making it spread out evenly on the surfaces.
- 12V 1.1 GPM high-pressure pump
- Adjustable trigger spray gun
- In-line switch to turn the pump on/off from afar
- Bottom-mount tank drain
- The pump automatically turns off when reaching maximum pressure
- 100% continuous duty without a break
- Can go with most of the common lawn chemicals
- Always keep the mixture well-mixed
- Easy for storage or cleaning
|Dimensions||25.25 x 16.5 x 12 inches|
|Spray Width||14 feet|
11. Master Manufacturing 9 Gallon Spot Tow Behind Sprayer
(Best in Size)
Master MFG is a company that provides sprayers and components for your garden that has also received much good feedback that you can check out.
This sprayer has a translucent, UV-resistant polyethylene tank that helps you watch over the liquid inside the tank easily while its durability does a good job in holding the liquid. It is featured with the famous Everflo 1.0 GPM 12V pump with high power to spread out the chemicals or liquid as you want.
The spray gun, aided by such a high-powered pump, can cover up to 18 feet vertically and 20 feet horizontally alone. And if that is not enough for you, then the product also comes with a 15 feet rubber hose that connects the tank to the gun spray, making its reach even larger.
It is a small and very compact sprayer, you can easily fit it into golf cars, ATVs, or UTVs as you want, and it includes straps to hold the sprayer onto the vehicles.
- Translucent tank
- Spot sprayer
- Everflo 1.0 GPM 12V Diaphragm Pump
- Molded drain port
- Easy to use
- Compatible with most of the garden chemicals
- Powerful pump
- Compact size that fits with most vehicles
- Good range of coverage
- Expensive to its capacity
|Dimensions||19 x 15.25 x 16.225 inches|
|Spray Width||18 x 20 feet (vertical x horizontal)|
12. Guide Gear 26 Gallon Garden Tow Behind Sprayer
(Best Heavy Duty)
The product is made from high-quality material that brings you the industrial-grade quality into a piece of household equipment. With a marvel of modern engineering, this sprayer can give you remarkable performance with durability and strength.
It has an on-demand spot sprayer pump constructed with patent-pending valves. This feature, as well as the specially-built boom nozzles, will give you more control over the falling spot of herbicides, fertilizers, and chemicals.
The tank is 26 gallons, which is a large capability to help you reduce the time for refilling during work. It has an extra thick wall, 6 inches tank lids to ensure its durability and easy to fill in or draining liquids.
Its spray gun can reach up to 30 feet horizontal and 19 feet vertical, which makes the coverage area quite big enough to reduce the work and time. It is ideal for lawns, gardens or roads, pastures, or even fields. Just simply pack it onto any vehicle using the restraint straps and you are good to go.
- Industrial-grade product
- Large 26-gallon tank
- Special built pray gun and nozzles
- High powered pump
- Impressive durability
- Allow greater control in chemical spray
- Ideal for many types of terrains
- Large cover area
- Easy to carry around
- Cannot adjust the pressure while spraying
|Dimensions||34.5 14.75 x 21 inches|
|Spray Width||19 x 30 feet (vertical x horizontal)|
|Application||Boom and spot sprayer|
Here is a video on how effective this product is, check it out!
Things To Consider Before Purchasing The Best Tow Behind Sprayer
Are you expecting it to help you on watering the lawn? Or are you expecting it to mist down a driveway or spreading over a large area? Depending on your needs, size and coverage are also important too.
After deciding the answer for all those questions, here are what you need to take into account to purchase the perfect tow behind sprayer.
The tow behind sprayers are made of different materials, and you can reference this information to select the suitable one.
Fiberglass: This type is ultra-light which means you can use it without using any muscle. Moreover, you don’t need to worry about rust problems when using fiberglass. You need to pay attention to maintain it at the temperature below and within 32F. If you don’t do that, the liquid can explode.
A poly tank: it comes at a lightweight and reasonable price; therefore, it cannot keep the sprayers in good condition when exposing to direct heat.
Stainless steel: it is considered the most durable material among the 3 of them. You can leave it outside if you don’t have enough space for storage. However, its cost is not too high to buy. It is not easy to transport because of its weight.
The capacity of the tank will decide how often you have to refill the pesticides/fertilizers/lawn chemicals you have while working on your garden. Basically, the larger the area, the larger the tank you should buy so that you can save time refilling it.
Here is the table to show you the rough covertation:
Tank Capacity Area
- 13 – 20 gallons 1 – 1.5 acres
- 20 – 30 gallons 1.5 – 2 acres
- >= 30 gallons 2 acres and more
However, if you don’t need such complicated calculation, then you can go with the standard 20 gallons as it can fit with almost every common uses for daily life.
Spray Pressure and Width
You will frequently see the PSI as the measurement for this catergory, which is pounds per square inch. This show the amount of liquid that the sprayer can push out using pressure and will show you how wide the distribution of liquid can be made. 60 PSI is nowadays recommended number.
Also, the distribution can also got affected by the spray width. The wider and higher width the spraying can be, the more time you save doing garden work. Nowadays lots of sprayers come with adjustable nozzle, which make it easier to control the spraying pattern to suit with your tasks.
So below are some FAQs that people usually ask. Take a look!
My Top Pick
And that’s it, my top 12 for the best tow behind sprayers in 2021. I hope reading my review can help you in making the purchase decision easier!
If I have to choose one best product out of this list, I would go with NorthStar 21 Gallon Boom and Spot Tow Behind Sprayer. It is very easy to use and contains lots of features that help us utilize our tasks in keeping the garden neat and well. Not to mention its price is also reasonable compared to its features, so in a long way, it’s a wonderful investment and you will make the most out of it.
I hope you enjoy my list of the top 12 best tow behind sprayers. What is your favorite top pick out of this list? Feel free to share! If there are any questions, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment, and I will try to reply asap!